Sunday, February 2, 2014

Some Words of Wisdom

                Over the years of being a Christian, the Lord has given me words of wisdom to help me along the way. We have all been given them at some point in our walks. Someone has spoken them to us or we have read them somewhere. A word of wisdom is something that speaks to your heart at the moment you need it the most. The words seems to open your heart and give you the encouragement you need, the strength you need, and the hope you need to keep pressing onward- to keep pressing through. The following is a list of some of the words of wisdom that the Lord has given me that I would now like to pass to you. Included with them are the scriptures that these words of wisdom have come from. Some are from Him to me, personally; some are from others who have encouraged me along the way. Wherever they have come from, I pray today that these words will give you exactly what you need at the moment you need it most.
Stay Positive, God does.       
“For I know the thoughts I think toward you,” says the Lord, “thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
Keep your chin up, and your eyes will stay on Jesus.
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2
There is no “But” in faith.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
Stay In Your Own Lane
Jesus said to him, “If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me.” John 21:22
Our sins always look worse one someone else.
“Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?” Matthew 7:4
Nothing happens to us that does not first pass through the hands of our Father.
And the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” Job 1:12
He will never give us more than He can handle.
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
Looking back when trying to walk will only cause you to fall.
“Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,” Philippians 3:13
Worry makes you sick, Faith makes you whole.
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Matthew 6:34
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;” Philippians 4:6
We are all just a bunch of cracked pots.
“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.” 2 Corinthians 4:7
If He said it, He will do it.
The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. Psalm 119:160
We must be disciples before we can make disciples.
“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;” Philippians 2:12
God is not shocked or surprised; He already knew it was going to happen.
“Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;” 1 Peter 4:12
God is working out all the details for you.
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28
God does not call the equipped, He equips the called.
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10
Have faith in God, He has faith in you.
“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,” Ephesians 2:4-6
Seek Jesus and everything else will fall into place.
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
                There are many more that I could share, and many more that can be written. But I pray that these words of wisdom the Lord has given me through the years will be words of wisdom to your souls as well. May the glory, honor and praise be to Jesus Christ, who was and is and is to come. Amen and Amen.