Thursday, October 4, 2012

Creation


               I was studying in the book of Genesis for our Home Fellowship meeting tonight. I have read the history of Creation over and over again, studied it, taught it and written about it before, but today, I saw something that I had never seen before. I saw, for the first time, the history of my “creation”. The day the Lord brought me out of the world of sin and death that I was in and brought me into His family, the day that I became a “new creation.”  
                Genesis 1:2, “….And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” God saw me being swallowed up by the waters of death; He heard my cries because He was already hovering over me, looking for me.
                Genesis 1:3, “Then God said, “Let there be light.” And there was light.” He spoke to me, reached out His hand of mercy and salvation and shed abroad in my heart the light of His love for me.  My heart was filled with the newness of life.
                Genesis 1: 4, “And God saw the light that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.” He looked upon the light of His love in my heart and said, “It is good.” He then separated me from the darkness of death into His glorious light of salvation. He took my sins, my darkness, and He separated me from them through Jesus Christ, His Son.
                Genesis 1:6, “Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” He then opened my eyes for the first time, and drew back the veil of death to show me the hope of heaven which was laid before me.
                Genesis 1:9, “Then God said, “Let the waters under heaven be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.” He gave me a purpose and set my feet upon solid ground. He took me from the depths of despair, from the waters of death that were billowing over me, and set my feet upon the purpose and the hope that He created specifically for me.  And He looked at me and said, “It is good.”
                Genesis 1:11, “Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind…” He planted me upon the foundation of Jesus Christ and began to bring forth fruit from my life. He gave me gifts that yielded more seed and more fruit. He began to multiply me for His glory. And He saw that it was good.
                Genesis 1:14, “Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens…” He gives me direction and orders my steps. His word to me is as the stars in the heavens, they are used by sailors to navigate the waters, and I have been given His word to navigate the waters of this life.
                Genesis 1:16, “Then God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night,” God gave me Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit to “rule over my day and over my night.”
                Genesis 1:20, 24, “Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures….”Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creatures….” He placed me into fellowship and began to multiply me, growing me, teaching me for His great glory.
                Genesis 1:26, “Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness…” He forms me and molds me into the image of His Son, Jesus Christ, for that is His will concerning me. I was created for a purpose; I was given hope, direction, and new life to glorify Him among all created beings.
                Genesis 2:8, “The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.” And when this created being has gone from this earth, I will be with Him in the garden, the eternal, everlasting garden which He has prepared for me. We shall walk and talk in the cool of the day, forever and ever. Jesus said that He goes to prepare a place for me, and on that day I shall enter the garden which God my Father created me to dwell in with Him for all eternity.
                May the Lord God bless you richly today, giving you understanding of His word, may you hear His voice look upon you and say, “It is good.” All praise and glory and honor be to Him who was, who is and who is to come, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen and Amen.