Monday, June 13, 2011

Welcome to my little blog!

This blog is being created because I believe that all His women are "priceless." The bond that sisters in Christ share is a bond that can not be found in any other. We as women, whether we are young or old, have an opportunity to grow not only in our relationships with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, but in our day to day relationships. I look around at the women today, the young ladies that are in high school, the women in the work force and the ones that are at home taking care of their families- and I think to myself, "How do we connect with one another." I remember when I was a stay at home mom, and I would see these women who had these careers and think that I was missing out on something. Then I became a woman with a career and missed the days of being a stay at home mom! Oh, we are never satisfied. I see the young ladies in high school struggling with weight, beauty and "fitting in". I see the woman in the workforce struggling with the same struggles. We as women have so much more to offer this world, our fellow sisters, and our daughter than what we are currently giving. It only takes a minute to tell someone how special they are but the lasting effects are endless. How can we encourage one another? How can we, as women, do as the Lord has commanded- " that [we] admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God may not be blasphemed." I think we start by looking inward, by asking the Lord to open our hearts and show us where we are lacking. Do we lack patience with our children? Are we being obedient to our husbands- even when we don't agree with them? How can we show and teach the younger women to love, honor and obey if we ourselves are not willing to do exactly that? I struggle all the time in the area of obedience to my husband. Thankfully, I have a husband that loves me in spite of me! But if we can not learn now, when we are married, how do we expect to teach our girls? How much happier and simpler marriage would be if we had learned early on how to be submissive and obedient? I know my marriage would have not suffered as it had and perhaps my husband and I would be in a different place. But, we are who we are by the grace of God- and that I am thankful for. I am thankful that our Lord and Savior has given me the opportunity to love Him, to honor Him, and to obey Him. If I can not love, honor and obey my husband, how will I ever be able to love, honor and obey my Lord and God?

I hope that you enjoy this blog, and I welcome your comments, your prayer requests, or maybe a devotion, scripture or lesson the Lord is teaching you as His woman. And remember- "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is passing. But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30
So, come on ladies- I welcome you to Blog along with me!
Your sister and fellow servant in the Lord