Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just get up and Walk!

Tonight at church, I was in the Children's Ministry. One thing I realized was that children have the greatest joy, energy and an eagerness to learn like no other. Maybe that is why Jesus tells us to come to Him as little children. Children are so eager to learn everything they can about Jesus- they are eager to hear His teachings, and then they follow Him without question. Why is that as adult men and women, we question what the Lord is leading us to do? So many times I have heard the Lord calling me to do something, yet I question Him. "Is that really You, Lord?" I ask. "Are You sure this is a good idea?" "What about.....Lord? How are we going to do this?" Instead of just trusting, and with eagerness following Him in faith, I question everything. Jesus said if we had the "faith of a mustard seed" we could move mountains. So why do I find myself stepping out in faith and then questioning every single step? It is so easy I think for us to get caught up in what "might" happen, instead of just getting caught up in Him. There is an old saying from my past that I remember frequently. It is "Let go and Let God". If we let go, we have no other alternative than to "Let God." Jesus does not call us to a ministry, or a work unless He has prepared the way for us. Why then do we so easily fall into doubt? If He has told us to step out in faith and trust in Him, isn't that the simplest thing for us to do? One of my favorite scripture passages is Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God has prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." If He created us for these good works, and He has also prepared the path beforehand that we should walk, then why do we not just walk? It really is that simple. Walk- Walk in faith, walk after Him.....Walk. Jesus said to the man at the pool waiting for healing- "take up thy bed and walk." He asked this man if he wanted to be healed, what did the man reply? "Yes Lord, BUT, someone gets there before me." To me this was an excuse to not step out in faith, but to stay in our comfort zone where we are "safe". Jesus replied, "Take up your bed and walk" and the man was instantly healed and walked out of there. God our Father never said that walking in Faith was easy- but He did promise that He would never leave us, nor forsake us. He also promised that His people would be taken care of- He will provide for us- all He asks of us is to Walk. So, take up your bed today- and Walk!